Like everything else in life, food and cooking will also be evolving as time goes by. Everything from the way food is grown to what kind of equipment is used in the kitchen will advance through technology and innovation. How those changes might take place will be the focus of an upcoming event.
The fourth annual event hosted by “Smart Kitchen Summit” will be held in Seattle Washington this October. It is touted as the leading global event and community focused on the future of food, cooking and the kitchen. Two days of speaking sessions, fireside conversations, product demonstrations, and more with speakers from Starbucks, Google, Bosch, Wired, America’s Test Kitchen, Barilla and more will follow this year’s theme of the reinvention of the meal journey.
Some of the aspects that will be explored which are tied to the theme of the reinvention of the meal journey will include:
- How AI and robotics might impact how food is shopped for and prepared across the retail, restaurant and home environments
- How technology is enabling new formats and business models for the restaurant operator
- The digital kitchen and its impact on the food, grocery and appliance industries
- The use of biomarkers and food science along with VR and AR to rethink the food we consume
- How we can use technology to make for healthier cooking outcomes, waste less food, and feed more people
Also featured at the event will be the popular Startup Showcase Competition, a platform for exciting startups, inventors, culinary makers and cutting-edge product companies to showcase what they are working on and let others experience it firsthand.
This will be a highly educational event for anyone in the food business who wishes to stay informed on coming trends. For those interested in attending, this year’s event will be held in Seattle, Washington, October 8-9, 2018 at the world-renowned Benaroya Hall.