It’s safe to tell that Thanksgiving won’t be the same this year. With the COVID-19 pandemic affecting every aspect of our routines, traditional celebrations are off the table. However, there are still options to enjoy a fun, memorable, and delicious Thanksgiving dinner in 2020.
Celebrate Thanksgiving Safely
Remember the old saying? Safety comes first. Right now, this piece of advice is more relevant than ever. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has made some recommendations to minimize COVID-risks during Thanksgiving:
- Have a small dinner only with the people who live in your household.
- Prepare food for family and friends and deliver it in a way that doesn’t involve contact.W
- Shop online rather than in person on the day after Thanksgiving or the next Monday.
- Watch sports events and parades from home.
All these activities are considered low risk by the CDC. If you intend to have dinner with family and friends, then make sure to organize it outdoors but keep in mind that in that case, the risk level goes up from “low” to “moderate.”
Let Your Imagination Fly
Celebrating Thanksgiving safely doesn’t have to be boring. All you have to do is let your imagination fly. These are some suggestions you can consider if you want to mix things up a little:
- Have a virtual Thanksgiving dinner using Zoom or other videoconference services.
- Organize entertainment at home (a movie night, a board game tournament, a scavenger hunt)
- Play outdoor games (bean-bag toss, croquet, bocce ball, or miniature golf).
- Cook together and try something new (our blog can be a great source of inspiration for dishes from all around the world).
- Spruce up your home with hand-made Thanksgiving decorations.
Order Your Thanksgiving Dinner
A great way to celebrate Thanksgiving is by forgetting about the hassle of cooking and ordering dinner. At Chef Gourmet we offer individual Thanksgiving turkey dinner plates with all the fixings (stuffing, mashed potatoes & gravy, sweet potatoes, and veggies) plus a slice of pie for only $15!
And if what you have in mind is a whole turkey, don’t worry: We can do that too! Let us take the work out Thanksgiving so you can relax and enjoy the company of your loved ones with delicious food prepared only with the freshest ingredients.
Call us today (1-888-536-5269) or send us an Instagram DM to order your Thanksgiving dinner or turkey!